Friday 8 March 2013

free necklace crochet pattern

What you need:
-Embroidery thread (I used different shades of green)
-Small crochet hook (I used size F)
-Embroidery needle
-A chain necklace or the parts to make one (I found the white chain and links at JoAnn's)
-Small jump rings


To create the green circles, I used the same concept but changed the number of stitches to get the different sizes. Here are two examples.

The Large Dark Green:
1. ch 3; sl st in first ch to form circle
2. sc 6 in middle of ring (6)
3. 2 sc in each st around (12)
4. *1 sc, 2 sc* repeat in each st around (18)
5. Fasten off. Using embroidery needle, sew in the ends.

A Smaller Light Green:
1. ch 3; sl st in first ch to form circle
2. sc 7 in middle of ring (7)
3. 2 sc in each st around (14)
4. 1 sc in each st around (14)
5. Fasten off. Using embroidery needle, sew in the ends.
I just did many random ones to create the different sizes. Once you have as many as you like, then prepare your necklace.

Then I added a jump ring to each crocheted circle and attached it to the chain, again using the pliers to open and shut the jump rings.

Then I added a jump ring to each crocheted circle and attached it to the chain, again using the pliers to open and shut the jump rings.
And that is it! It doesn't take long at all and comes out pretty cute. I think it would be really lovely in an array of colors! 

1 comment: