Sunday 25 September 2011

The Pink Teapot

The Pink Teapot
Otley
Yorkshire

A couple of weeks ago i  visited a  delightful 1940's retro cafe in West Yorkshire i had a jacket potato filled with tuna and my other half had a bacon sandwich (Yorkshire bacon of course). While eating my meal i noticed the couple next to me eating an enormous homemade cream meringue topped with fresh raspberries. I thought to myself i shall have one of those after but i was good and resisted!


As its name suggests the owners like pink! pink polka dot tablecloths and aprons, pink fridge, pink teapots and lots of   posters and plaques giving the place a real 40's feel.


Leaving the shop we noticed this shop, cupcake shops seem to have sprung up all over the place don't they look yummie.



2 comments:

  1. Ooo! That cafe looks wonderful. I love traditional cafes. We are lucky enough to have one near to us in Moffat, called The Ariete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Firehorse,

    I went to Moffat many years ago i remember visiting a wonderful antique fair there. My mum is visiting Moffat & Gretna Green next week.

    ReplyDelete